- You will develop an organization scheme for the data and documents you envision working with in FILERO. This is an extremely important step that must involve key stakeholders and a detailed survey of your information status and current practices as well as envisioning your ideal and considering transition paths. This process should include defining a durable access and permissions policy for the various data types and their users. If you are LDAP integrated, the group/role assignments from that system can be used. Either we or our partners will guide you through this process. Depending on the size of the FILERO installation, this process normally requires approximately 5 days, and one to two days for FILERO API training. At the end of this training you will be operational with FILERO. This is perhaps the most difficult part when migrating to FILERO. The major advantage of implementing FILERO is that it can be done stages, i.e. department by department or first email archiving, then document management, then a data transfer from another system, or... or... or... This ensures a very smooth transition to your FILERO applications.
- If you have other systems, files or databases you need to import to or integrate with FILERO, you will need to provide specifications that will allow us or yourselves to map the FILERO API.
- Depending on your chosen server hardware and OS licenses, we will train your IT admin staff to install FILERO and configure hardware and IIS or Apache. We will begin initial training for FILERO administrators and key decision makers.
- The object classes, the data structure and presentation layout are created in the FILERO system (admin) area. Your administrator can do this with guidance/training from us, or pur partners or we can do this according to your specifications. This design can easily be added to as new needs arise, but like with any filing system, the initial ‘root’ structure is critical for that to happen effectively.
- The initial set of reports which you will be commonly using are created and installed in FILERO. User rights are allocated for the reports. More can easily be added later.
- FILERO Client plug-ins are installed on workstations to be used by FILERO users. Your IT department can do this via network, or station to station, or we can do this for you.
- Key users are trained in the general use of FILERO, who will then train additional users. Alternatively, all users can train together.
- Users can begin using FILERO immediately. As users quickly gain proficiency in FILERO, they will ask for changes and additions to the data structure - for example, to be able to store additional data types in the system or so that they can use FILERO to manage other work processes. Your management, department and FILERO administrator should work together closely to assess the best way to implement modification requests in the larger context of the organization’s data needs.
- We will provide technical support and customer service as well as consulting during the creation of strategy for data storage.
- We will provide ongoing support, including upgrades/updates.
FILERO updates become available two to three times a year. They almost always include new functionality or interface improvements that have been requested by real users. Installing updates normally takes just a few hours. During this process, the system and/or database will be unavailable for use.
Before updating we strongly recommend that you read the associated version information and the readme file!
Before updates are installed, it must be confirmed that a valid backup of the data has been made, that all prerequisites for the OS and interacting components are in place, and that any down-time is scheduled so as not to interrupt business operations. After the update, the system should be tested with key scenarios to confirm no loss of function and to test the new functions.
The amount of training required varies depending on the existing propensities of the trainees and whether they will be using FILERO as a user or an administrator. FILERO administrators need 30-40 hours of training. Key users need 5-10 hours. Regular users are usually ready to go after only a few hours of orientation training.
FILERO also comes with a well-written user manual, and an extensive administrator manual. Users with questions often find their answers in the built-in context-sensitive help available from every FILERO screen. You can even create your own online help documentation specific to your FILERO installation and your unique class structure. New employees or temporary staff can use the online-help to quickly familiarize themselves with FILERO.
The parameters for support are negotiable. In principle, support availability can be 24/7 if needed for your activities. We can provide same-day phone and email support and on-site support within 24-48 hours if needed. On-site support is rarely needed, especially as remote access using tools such as Beam2Support and VPN to the server can be conducted in most cases.