FAQs - Frequently asked questions
FILERO and my Organization
- Can all my corporate knowledge be stored in one place?
- What search options does FILERO offer?
- What file types can be imported into FILERO?
- How easy is it to route paper and electronic documents to the system?
- Will the system automatically register and archive incoming faxes and emails?
- How is the system structured?
- Does the system offer enough room to meet the challenges of my growing organization?
- Is the system diverse enough to work across all departments of an organization and from different locations?
- Can I instantly access all of my information?
- Can I easily produce new documents?
- Can I edit text of documents scanned in as images?
- How easily can I distribute documents from the system?
- What is workflow and how will I benefit from it?
- How will the system help me to track documents throughout the workflow process?
- Can managers easily monitor the progress of employees to help evenly distribute tasks and ensure productivity?
- Does the system allow more than one person to work on a document at a time?
- Can I restrict users from performing different functions such as viewing, printing, emailing or exporting?
- Does the software provide a hierarchical account structure that allows for varying functionality for different levels of access?
- Does FILERO have features to support my need for the proper management and transparency of changes to documents?
- Does the system track every action performed by each user with details such as workstation, network address, time and date?
- How can I protect sensitive information in a document?
- How secure is the document management system?
- What kind of encryption does the system use for passwords and image storage?
- Does the system offer the same security off site?
The advantages of a FILERO system
Implementation, training and support
- Describe the process for technical integration, implementation, training, technical support and customer service for your software.
- Describe the frequency of and procedure for FILERO Updates.
- Describe the amount of training provided with the software.
- Describe the type of support provided with the software including your standard support hours.
Set-up and maintenance
- What are the manpower requirements necessary to operate the system?
- Describe the process for transferring and updating data from an organization's existing databases.
- Describe what information is transferred and the security of information when transferring and updating data from existing databases.
- Can we create our own customizations to fit our own needs or do we need to hire LIB-IT DMS to implement them?
- Does the software provide for web-based administration?
- Describe the types of reports available and how users can customize the reports they want.
- What is compliance?
- What are the consequences of non-compliance?
- Is FILERO revision secure?
- All documents must be stored in their original format. Is this supported by FILERO?
- Are documents archived in FILERO as legally valid as the original documents?
- Does the system automatically enforce the legally mandated retention period for documents?
- Are all files securely stored so that they cannot be altered or falsified?